Thursday, April 5, 2007

What Kind of Conservative are You?

Now that it has been determined which candidate most matches your views ( http://robbrail.wordpress.com/2007/03/29/take-the-challenge-how-republican-are-you/ ), it is time to find out what school of thought you belong to. There are ten possible choices in this test of your political ideology. Here are the possibilities:

Centrist, Conservative, Liberal, Libertarian, Left-libertarian, Neoconservative, Paleoconservative, Paleo-libertarian, Radical, and Third Way. Each of the ideologies are linked to their wikipedia entry, for clarification purposes.

The test can be found at ( http://www.selectsmart.com/FREE/displayless/select.php?client=zeron ).

I am going to post my top three matches. My number one match was Paleoconservative, which I expected because I am really enjoying the Paleoconservative authors I have been reading lately. Number two is Libertarian, which I have known I tend to lean towards. Finally was Paleo-libertarian, no doubt this had such a high match because of my previous two political leanings.

Also my last three where: Third Way at number 10. Followed by Liberal in the 9 spot and then Centrist at number 8. Feel free to post your results in the comment section, so we can see how far right the Republican of SL tends to lean.

Finally, I am adding a page ( http://robbrail.wordpress.com/in-their-own-words/ ) to my blog called In Their Own Words, where you can go and read what the Republican Candidates in the primaries are talking about. I will try to avoid the short political blurbs that tend to make it on TV and instead focus on larger pieces where the candidate has time to express their full opinion. Any suggestions of resources can be added to the comment section.

1 comment:

Gwen Kilby said...

I did have a number "Not Sure"s...

1 Conservative
2 Neoconservative
3 Centrist


4 Liberal
5 Radical
6 Left-libertarian